curriculum vitae of Gerard van Wolferen
December 31 1955 IJmuiden, Velsen the Netherlands
- 1968 - 1974
- Secondary School at Ichthus College Driehuis, Velsen.
- 1974 - 1981
- Composition with Theo Loevendie at the Rotterdam Conservatorium. Played alto saxophone in the Frans Elsen Big Band. Co-founder with Arie van Beek of the RC Militairy Band. Studied saxophone with Leo van Oostrom, bassoon with Caspar de Roo, piano with Alexandru Hrisanide, singing with Jan Heije. Sang in the RC Chamber Choir.
- 1980 - 1988
- Studied musicology at the Universiteit van Amsterdam. Specialisations: theoretical
musicology and ethnomusicology. Thesis: Muzikale
structuur en perceptie (Musical Structure and Perception). Minors in Algorithms and Programming, Esthetics & Philosophy of
Culture, Linguistics and Psychology of Music.
- 1985 - 1989
- Leading workshops of Javanese gamelan at the Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen, Amsterdam.
- 1988 - 1992
- Teacher of Surinam-Javanese gamelan at the ACKV (Alkmaars Centrum voor Kunstzinnige Vorming), Alkmaar.
- 1989 - 1993
- Teacher of music at the Fons Vitae Lyceum (secondary school) Amsterdam.
- 1991 (from)
- Teacher of analysis & synthesis of music, ethnomusicology and fundamentals of musical composition at the Utrecht School of Music & Technology, Faculty of Art, Media & Technology, of the Utrecht School of the Arts.
- 1993 - 2000
- Course leader at the School of Music & Technology of the faculty of Art, Media & Technology.
- 1996 - 1997
- Teacher of Javanese gamelan music in Siegen, Germany.
- 1996 - 1999
- Course leader in the EMMA (European Media Master of Arts) program.
- 2000 (from)
- Researcher in the field of Music and Cognition at HKU.
- 2001 - 2003
- MEDIATE, A Multisensory Environment Design for an Interface between Autistic and Typical Expressiveness
- 2002 (from)
- MPhil/PhD Supervisor at the School of Music & Technology of the faculty of Art, Media & Technology.
- Design and development of ORION (orion.hku.nl), a distributed student evaluation tool.
- researcher Creative Design Institute, Utrecht
- First visit to Ho Chi Minh City National Conservatory of Music to start up the development of Music & Technology in Vietnam.
- Second visit to Ho Chi Minh City National Conservatory of Music to start up the development of Music & Technology in Vietnam.
- Visit to Wusate Birhan School of Music in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on behalve of the Force Foundation, The Hague. This is a School of Music with onle blind students of music.
- Several visits to Sopje Macedonia to set up a curriculum in Music & Technology at the Cyril & Methodius University
- Leader of Creative Design for Inclusion Research & Design programme of the Utrecht School of the Arts